If you can see this text here you should update to a newer web browser
Normal | Highlight & Comment Highlighted Text will be in Yellow, but there are none yet
1. In advance of new Pacific Fleet letter, Camouflage Measure 21 desired following types of ships assigned Air Force, Pacific Fleet: AV, AVD, AVP, DD, AKV, ARV, IX, YF.
2. It is further directed that Measure 21 be applied to all new construction CV's, CVB's, CVL's, CVE's, AV's, and AVP's.
3. Camouflage Measure 21 is assigned to all ODD numbered Cruiser Divisions, DD Squadrons, and DE Divisions. Measure 22 is assigned to all EVEN numbered Cruiser Divisions, DD Squadrons, and DE Divisions.
4. Repainting to reduce visibility in advance of overall painting for all types vessels of the Pacific Fleet except SS and AH is recommended. The following reduction of visibility measures are recommended in order of priority; discontinue White on vertical surfaces for countershading; paint Ocean Gray on all pattern areas now White, Pale Gray, Light Gray, and Haze Gray; paint Black areas Navy Blue. Ships with Measure 31a, Haze, Ocean, and Navy Blue, no change prior to change in measure.
5. Open guntubs should be painted inside and out to blend with background as viewed from the air.
|There's another sheet that goes here that I haven't got to yet - R@L|
Transcribed by RESEARCHER @ LARGE. Formatting & Comments Copyright R@L.
Navy Camouflage Home | Ships Home | Researcher@Large Home