If you can see this text here you should update to a newer web browser
Normal | Highlight & Comment Highlighted Text will be in Yellow, but there are none yet
Long Beach, California,
1. Reference (b) directs paint manufacturing navy yards to discontinue manufacture of dark gray paint, continue manufacture of white untinted base, formula 5-U, and begin manufacture and issue of blue black composite paste, formu1a 5-TM.
2. Information has been received that the new low visibility paint materials are now available at the Navy Yard, Mare Island.
4. The Commanding Officers, USS HONOLULU and BOISE are directed to obtain sufficient quantities of white untinted base, formula 5-U, and of blue black composite paste, formula 5-TM, to paint their ships with an initial and one subsequent coat of the new "sea blue" shade of low visibility paint. Actual painting of the HONOLULU and BOISE in this now shade will not be accomplished until a further directive is issued.
5. The addressees are also each directed to obtain 300 gallons of white untinted base, formula 5-U, and 75 gallons of the new blue black composite paste, formula 5-TM, for transportation and delivery to vessels as follows:-
- 1 -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
HELENA for ST.LOUIS
H. P. LEARYDistribution:
Each Addressee (5)
CO ST.LOUIS (5)
CO PHOENIX (5)
CO RICHMOND (5)
Transcribed by RESEARCHER @ LARGE. Formatting & Comments Copyright R@L.
Ships Home | Ship Camouflage Home | Researcher@Large Home