If you can see this text here you should update to a newer web browser
Normal | Highlight & Comment Highlighted Text will be in Yellow
ADDRESS NAVY DEPARTMENT,
1. It is presumed that the request in reference (a) was made because of the directive of ComServPac, reference (b), (Enclosure (A)).
2. In compliance with the request in reference (a), photostatic copies of pages of Camouflage Instructions Ships-2, First Revision, dated September 1941, relating to Measure 12 are forwarded (Enclosure (B)). Ships-2 dated September 1941 is out of print - and as it contains the only description of Measure 12, photostats are forwarded.
3. Ships-2 directed that the lowest horizontal band of Measure 12 be painted Sea Blue eleven % reflection. Change the color of this band to Navy Blue nine% reflection, in compliance with ComServPac's instructions, reference (c), (Enclosure (C)). (The lowest horizontal band in Measure 22 is Navy Blue).
4. Measure 21 and 22 are both described in Camouflage Instructions Ships-2 dated June 1942. This book will probably be found in the files of the yard.
5. Please inform the Bureau if additional information is needed.
FROM BUREAU OF SHIPS, NAVY DEPARTMENT, WASHINGTON 25, D. C.
Transcribed by RESEARCHER @ LARGE. Formatting & Comments Copyright R@L.
Naval Camouflage Home |
Ships Home |