If you can see this text here you should update to a newer web browser
Normal | Highlight & Comment Highlighted Text will be in Yellow
1. By reference (a), which outlined the current Bureau camouflage policy for the subject craft, measure 31, design 20L was the only pattern authorized. By reference (b) Commander Service Force, Pacific Fleet, requested that reference (a) be modified to place the choice of camouflage measures used with the above addressees.
2. Therefore, by this letter the Bureau modifies reference (a) for craft in service by re-instating its earlier PT camouflage policy outlined in reference (c) as follows:
3. It is requested that the addressees forward to the Bureau brief reports with photographs and comments as to the camouflage design finally decided upon, and the effectiveness of the measure under different lighting qpsditicas aad background.
4. New construction is to continue to be painted in accordance with reference (a). Because of the continual possibility of transfer of boats in service and possible resulting delay, it is not feasible to try to paint the boats at the building yards in accordance with the desires of individual commands as outlined in this letter for craft in service.
5. The Bureau is collecting and re-examining all present PT Boat camouflage plans to bring them up to date. These plans will be forwarded to the above activities for information and guidance in selecting the most desirable pattern.
Transcribed by RESEARCHER @ LARGE. Formatting & Comments Copyright R@L.
Naval Camouflage Home |
Ships Home |